Combining best-in-class design, development, and manufacturing expertise, Medical Murray's purpose is to help healthcare providers offer a higher quality of care, giving patients more time and a higher quality of life. If you want to be part of a team like that, please apply!
The Senior R&D Engineer performs design and product development duties in the R&D Department on medical devices to meet the objectives of our clients. The responsibilities of this position include leading technical efforts to conduct development projects that meet client expectations for quality, performance, and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and engineer disposable medical devices from concept to production
- Hands-on product and process development of catheter and other disposable products
- Design devices in SolidWorks and build prototypes in a laboratory environment
- Design, prototype and construct catheters, catheter-based delivery systems and other disposable devices for disciplines ranging from cardiology and neurology to urology
- Communicate and collaborate with clients to provide project status and technical details
- Prepare and support product development planning project schedule, resources, and budgets, etc.
- Develop feasibility and reliability testing plans for catheters systems, including the development of accurate in-vitro and in-vivo models and methods
- Develop pilot and manufacturing equipment and procedures
- Support product manufacturing until the project is fully transitioned to production
- Manage and assist with verification and validation activities and documentation
- Collaborate with outside suppliers on the sourcing of materials, components
- Prepare documentation to support quality system for design functions project plans, design input, risk assessment, test protocols and reports, drawing specifications, etc.
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- BS or MS in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering is required
- 3-10 years of experience with design and development of medical devices
- Experience with FDA CFR 820 and ISO 13485 regulations
- Strength in problem-solving and decision making
- High energy level, attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Computer skills including MS office, SolidWorks or alternative CAD program
- Experience with project management is highly preferred to plan and conduct complex development projects
- Skills with prototyping and materials knowledge for medical devices
- Strong customer interaction skills
At Medical Murray, we value and support our employees, because our people make Medical Murray a great place to work and a great company to work with, known for achieving great results. We have a warm, engaging, and vibrant culture that celebrates our core values.
Medical Murray currently operates in three locations, including our headquarters in North Barrington, IL, Lake Zurich, IL, and Charlotte, NC, with select remote positions around the country. We are continuously recruiting for new talent for medical device engineering, manufacturing, and business administration.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting industry, Medical Murray is the place for you.
Our Purpose: Making Time
Extending the time for patients to spend with loved ones by providing leading-edge devices
Devoting time to our customers - with commitment and attention to detail - to help ensure their success
Giving time to employees, so that they may realize their personal and professional goals and dreams