Combining best-in-class design, development, and manufacturing expertise, Medical Murray's purpose is to help healthcare providers offer a higher quality of care, giving patients more time and a higher quality of life. If you want to be part of a team like that, please apply!
The R&D Engineer position performs the function of the design engineer for product development in medical devices in the development department. They will work to support the development department objectives to provide goods and services that meet customer's requirements for quality, quantity, and timeliness. The primary role of the Development Engineer is to carry out development projects on time and on the budget to meet the customer's objectives, bringing the projects to successful conclusions that meet all the objectives of the client.
For your benefits:
- Competitive wage
- Health and Dental insurance
- Company paid Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401k contribution
- 18 days of PTO
- MetLaw legal assistance
- TeleDoc program
- Identity protection
- HSA eligible health insurance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to follow Medical Murray Quality system, including all applicable SOP's included in the Training Matrix
- Develop and engineer disposable medical devices from concept to production
- Hands-on product and process development of catheter and other disposable products
- Design devices in SolidWorks and build prototypes in a laboratory environment
- Design, prototype and construct catheters, catheter-based delivery systems and other disposable devices for disciplines ranging from cardiology and neurology, urology, orthopedic, and others
- Acquisition, setup and installation qualification of new equipment, including the creation of the PM procedure as necessary
- Support of equipment maintenance, as appropriate for skills and knowledge, manage escalation to Technology Manager
- Support or perform equipment re-entry to line use
- Communicate to the customer any issues and the status of the project
- Prepare and support product development and quality planning project schedule, resources, and budgets, etc.
- Participate in the quotation process for projects
- Develop feasibility and reliability testing plans for catheter systems, including the development and validation of accurate in-vitro and in-vivo models and methods
- Develop pilot and manufacturing equipment and procedures for devices
- Evaluate the feasibility of processes and support manufacturing with validation plans and time studies
- Support product manufacturing until the project is completely transitioned to production
- Manage and assist with verification and validation activities and documentation
- Collaborate with vendors on the sourcing of materials, components, and processing
- Prepare documentation to support quality system for design functions project plans, concept document, FMEA, design input, test results, drawings, etc.
- Complete activities as project phase checklists. Engage and handoff activities to manufacturing engineering
- Support customer complaints
- Lead design changes to existing product lines as necessary
- Review document changes in manufacturing for impact on design intent
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS or MS in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering is required
- 0 - 7 years of experience in engineering for medical devices
- Experience with SolidWorks or equivalent
- Technical skills must include disposable design and development background, materials knowledge and prototyping
- Project management experience is highly preferred to plan and conduct complex development projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Office, SolidWorks or alternative CAD program
At Medical Murray, we value and support our employees, because our people make Medical Murray a great place to work and a great company to work with, known for achieving great results. We have a warm, engaging, and vibrant culture that celebrates our core values.
Medical Murray currently operates in three locations, including our headquarters in North Barrington, IL, Lake Zurich, IL, and Charlotte, NC, with select remote positions around the country. We are continuously recruiting for new talent for medical device engineering, manufacturing, and business administration.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting industry, Medical Murray is the place for you.
Our Purpose: Making Time
Extending the time for patients to spend with loved ones by providing leading-edge devices
Devoting time to our customers - with commitment and attention to detail - to help ensure their success
Giving time to employees, so that they may realize their personal and professional goals and dreams